All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAppropriate green techlogies are sometimes regarded as a second-rate solution but the series Invations for a Sustainable World challenges this concept by presenting real-life examples of successful appropriate techlogical stories from Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. All of the studies in these two books have been produced as a result of personal experience from somewhere in the world. Subjects covered in the series include success stories from agriculture, agro-processing, enterprise, energy, building and shelter, water and sanitation and recycling. Based on the Hands On series of video films prepared by the Television Trust for the Environment and broadcast on BBC World, these books promote appropriate invations and environmentally sound solutions which can help reduce consumption. All of the new techlogies and scientific breakthroughs described in the books can be applied by individuals and entrepreneurs at a reasonable cost to themselves and to the community. Some of the initiatives can be applied in the home, while others can be used by entrepreneurs to stimulate green business and small-scale enterprise. The books offer a range of suitable solutions for development professionals, NGOs, entrepreneurs and individuals who want to improve peoples livelihoods and the environment. They give practical advice and demonstrate a wide range of how to techlogies including income-generating schemes in cities like Delhi and Dhaka, transport initiatives in Kathmandu and Copenhagen, and energy-saving projects in Addis Ababe and Beijing. Hands On - Energy, Infrastructure and Recycling covers invations in energy and power, buildings, transport and re-use of materials.
- Author BiographyEmma Judge is a freelance writer and photographer, based in Malawi. She set up Dawa Productions as a private development consultancy in 2004 to assist with the social and economic development of Southern, East and Central Africa through providing high quality promotional materials, consultancy and training services for governmental, non-governmental and community based organisations.
- Author(s)Emma Judge
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication20/02/1999
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitlePractical innovations for a sustainable world
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content Notephotographs throughout
- Weight333 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.