All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $11.45Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionMonsters Like Us follows the adventures of monster misfits Danny (a demon), Lin (a werewolf) and Sam (a zombie) as they attempt to get through school without eating the teachers, running wild or raising hell. In Hangem High School, Sam arrives at his new school and is keen to make a good impression without losing his head. Clogger and his cronies have other ideas and are determined to shake things up for Sam. Can Lin and Danny come to the rescue of the weird new kid, and keep him in one piece on his first day? Each Monsters Like Us story features an accessible storyline in a familiar setting, and is ideal for guided reading with struggling readers, as confidence-building independent reads, and for EAL pupils. Hangem High School is levelled at book band 7 Turquoise, is printed on off-white paper and uses a font approved by the British Dyslexia Association. This title is published by Franklin Watts EDGE, which produces a range of books to get children reading with confidence. EDGE - for books kids can't put down.
- Author BiographySteve Barlow studied at Warwick University and Nottingham University, and worked at various times as a teacher, actor, stage manager and puppeteer. Then he went to teach in Botswana, where a valid excuse for students not handing in their homework was 'A goat ate it, sir!'. On his return to the UK he met Steve Skidmore, and the rest is hysteria. Steve Skidmore is shorter than Steve Barlow and less hairy. He went to Nottingham University to supposedly read English, but spent most of his time playing sport and doing a variety of summer jobs including counting pastry pie lids (yes, really). He trained as a teacher of Drama, English and Film studies, before teaming up with Steve Barlow to become a full time author.
- Author(s)Steve Barlow,Steve Skidmore
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleEdge - Monsters Like Us
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight90 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.