All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionHannah Evangeline has moved with her family to the stately Delacroix home where her Grandfather lives. She is just getting used to living in the wonderful old mansion, rather than visiting there, when a wondrous and terrifying Guardian angel appears on her front lawn. Hail Hannah Evangeline, Mighty Warrior! he salutes her. Hannah is sure he must be mistaken - surely she wouldn't have such a grand angel. Perhaps he is there for George, her brave brother, or one of the other girls? The Guardian tells Hannah that she has an important mission, and must be trained as a warrior. Hannah's curiosity overcomes her nervousness, and she travels with the Guardian to ancient Israel, flying through time and space safely snuggled in the crook of his wing. For her first ever adventure and training mission, she sees David select his five smooth stones, and sees the head of Goliath roll. She watches David struggle with his temper, soothed by wise Abigail and sees him struggle with his heart pursuing Bathsheba. As Hannah is learning how God's heroes do battle against darkness, she has battles of her own to wage. Hannah is painfully shy, but musters up her courage to attend a new school. Hannah doesn't like to divulge her thoughts, but wisely seeks counsel from Father Sanctus and her grandfather. Hannah is still very angry with her father for deserting the family, but at the angel's urging she searches her heart and understands that matter how wrong the sin, she must forgive her father and leave her family in God's hands.
- Author BiographyAs a displaced southerner, Hannah Fierce and Mighty presented the author with a welcome opportunity to head South in her writing if not in reality. Born in a small town in Virginia, the author graduated the University of Virginia with a literature degree that included learning Old Church Slavonic (the parent language of Russian and other modern Slavic Languages), Russian and Ukrainian on top of her high school French. She headed to London for graduate school and adventure, and after completing her linguistics PhD (and publishing several times in academic journals) in just two years, she left academia to work for an investment bank. There, she published more than a dozen well-received research papers for the bank's investment clients, and managed their investor news bulletin service. Jennifer returned to New York to marry a real New York Yankee, and settled upstate where she published in a local parents' magazine. Until recently, she wrote as a career for corporate audiences, creating training programs, presentations, technical documents and how-to materials at several Wall Street firms. Finally in 2012 she felt called to leave the commute and the corporate world to write full time instead. Currently, she teaches Sunday School, maintains a popular blog on Spiritual Warfare and delights in her four children and their emerging talents. Hannah Fierce and Mighty is her first venture into children's fiction. Her passion is creating an engaging alternative to secular fiction that will provide strong spiritual nourishment for young souls.
- Author(s)Dr Jennifer E Zaborowski Phd
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.