All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.25Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionPainting and graphic prints are the preferred mediums of the Norwegian artist Hanne Borchgrevink (b.1951), who over the course time has focused her attention on the house as the leitmotif of her work. She reduces it to its elemental forms, which forever encounter new constellations. At the intersection of figuration and abstraction, of the verbal and n-verbal, the artist explores in her reduced language of forms color, surface and perception in a methodical and analytical way. Borchgrevink has long occupied a prominent position in the contemporary art of Norway, for in the repetition of her painterly and motivic vocabulary she always manages to find ever new and surprising as well as provocative answers.
- Author BiographyCecilie Skeide is conservator at Lillehammer Art Museum (NO). She has curated a number of exhibitions, primarily with a point of departure in Norwegian contemporary art. Erlend Hammer is a Norwegian art historian, art critic and curator.
- Author(s)Cecilie Skeide,Erlend Hammer
- Date of Publication27/01/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1539 g
- Width247 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.