All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the popularity of the Punic Wars as a subject and of Hannibal as an individual, the Carthaginian army has remained an igred topic. This book sets out to redress the balance. It brings together for the first time a range of evidence, which t only outlines the history of the Carthaginian army during the period of the Punic Wars but which also describes the organisation and equipment of the army. The evidence is also used to place Carthage's army in the context of the period and to address the question of how it matched up to other Hellenistic armies.
- Author BiographyIan Stephenson is the author of many books on military history, including Roman Infantry Equipment, Romano-Byzantine Military Equipment, The Late Anglo-Saxon Army, The Anglo-Saxon Shield and (with Pat Southern) Roman Cavalry Equipment. Ian Stephenson lives in Reading.
- Author(s)Ian Stephenson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations 25 colour
- Weight390 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.