All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis enchanting collection, retold by writer and critic Naomi Lewis, contains twelve of Hans Christian Andersen's magnificent stories. It includes Thumbelina, a little girl more than a thumb-joint high, The Emperor's New Clothes, the tale of a man who cares only for his appearance and The Little Mermaid, who longs to one day marry a human prince. With a wonderful cover illustration and new introduction by award-winning picture-book creator Jan Pienkowski.
- Author BiographyJan Pienkowski was born in Warsaw in 1936. After creating his first book at the age of eight, Jan went on to excel in his chosen field of design, working in such diverse areas as television, theatre and greetings cards. Published in 1968, A Necklace of Raindrops was the first of several wonderful collaborations between Jan and Joan Aiken - and it was also the very first book Jan illustrated. For over forty years, he has also worked on the Meg and Mog books. He has since twice won the Kate Greenaway Medal for Illustration, and has created many instantly recognizable classics.
- Author(s)Hans Christian Andersen
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/1995
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Classics
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight143 g
- Width129 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byNaomi Lewis
- Introduction byJan Pienkowski
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $46.13Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.26Trending at AU $41.07
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $27.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.