Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.55Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionMy First Reading Book is an illustrated first reading book in a large, fun format - ideal for group storytelling. Simple vocabulary and imaginative pictures of all the characters and locations ensure that children can follow as you read, or try for themselves. Interactive writing exercises and a maze at the back of the book provide a valuable aid to learning. It is a delightful retelling of a classic fairy tale, with a fresh and lively storyline designed to appeal to young readers. When a woodcutter and his wife become too poor to feed their two children, they reluctantly abandon little Hansel and Gretel. The children wander through the woods, cold and hungry, until they happen upon a house - and what an unusual house it is. The walls are made of gingerbread, the roof is made of icing, the windows are spun sugar, and door is made from marshmallow. Who could live in such a place...? The timeless tale is retold in this enchanting book, with appropriate vocabulary and familiar language that children can easily follow.
- Author BiographyJanet Brown is an established adapter, author and illustrator of children's books. Ken Morton has worked for over twenty years as an artist in a variety of fields.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleMy First Reading Book
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight340 g
- Width344 mm
- Height400 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ken Morton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.