All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Happiness and Virtue Beyond East and West</i> presents an important series of essays from Japanese and American authors examining essential virtues shared by both Eastern and Western cultures with the ultimate goal of allowing happiness to be realized in a globally and socially responsible manner. Each chapter examines one of nine virtues--Courage, Justice, Benevolence, Gratitude, Wisdom, Reflection, Respect, Responsibility and Temperance--and the importance of each in our lives. With clarity of purpose, the essays demonstrate that the virtues and happiness that living a good life can bring kw national boundaries. It is the sincere hope of the editors and authors that this book will help its readers re-examine the timeless question of what constitutes true happiness and a good life and will therefore play some part in increasing international cooperation and good will.
- Author BiographyEdited by: <b>RKevin Ryan</b>, <b>Bernice Lerner</b>, <b>Karen E. Bohlin</b>, <b>The Center for Character and Social Responsibility (CCSR)</b> at Boston University School of Education, USA <b>Osamu Nakayama</b>, <b>Shujiro Mizuno</b>, <b>Kazunobu Horiuchi</b>, <b>The Center for Moral Science and Education (CMSE)</b> at Reitaku University, Japan
- Author(s)Kevin Ryan
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.