All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Friday Louie sees the hustle and bustle behind the scenes at his grandpa's Chinese restaurant. The chef's hands fly as he chops vegetables, the delivery boy zips in for a pickup, and the waiters holler out order after order. Then it's time to eat. Grandpa offers Louie a whole fish and crabs. 'No, thank you, Grandpa'! But the dumplings, egg rolls, and chow mein sure look good. No trip to the Chinese restaurant is complete without a fortune cookie: 'Happy food, happy belly, happy smile'. Caldecott Hour-winner Rachel Isadora brings a dynamic restaurant to life with beautiful cut-paper collages reminiscent of Eric Carle and Ezra Jack Keats.
- Author BiographyRACHEL ISADORA, a former ballet dancer, has illustrated many books, including the Caldecott Honor Book Ben's Trumpet, which was also a Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book, Yo, Jo! and Uh-Oh! She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Rachel Isadora
- PublisherHarcourt Children's Books
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarcourt Children's Books
- Out-of-print date15/03/2014
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight327 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.