CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lucky Coin is a good solid story about a tramp who has a friendly way, so that people take to him and try to help him. He obtained a rabbit and after losing it when ather tramp stole it, he felt he would like to go back to having a rmal kind of life, to which he is assisted. This story has a happy ending and has been kwn to cause a tear or two. The Birthday Present is a story devoted to a young boy's determination to buy a lovely train set. This story is about his struggle to achieve his goal. The Oak Tree is a tender story of a young lad who firmly believes a fairy lives in an Oak tree in the park, and misses school for a day trying to prove that the fairy exists. Once again his actions bring friendship and a happy ending. The Fall of the Witch is a more dramatic story of a witch who rules a village and of a new family who move into the area. Due to a spell of the witch they have terrible luck in running their small farm. Before they sell up and move away they receive some advice, but is it good or bad advice? Trudy the final story concerns a collie puppy given to a boy by his parents. One morning the puppy has been taken. This story relates to the love of a boy for his dog and his determination to find him again. These five stories show life where people can be good to each other, and where determination will succeed if you want anything badly eugh. Happy Reading!
- Author BiographyRoy Purcell was born in East London. He was educated at Stratford grammar School. He was always writing, enjoying just putting pen to paper; it didn't matter on what subject. He met his wife, June, in Slinford, a village near Horsham in West Sussex. They spent their early years together in Brighton, Sussex and Romsey, Hampshire. He was involved with a village store in Soberton, near Southampton, before moving to take over the Bottreaux House Hotel in Boscastle, Cornwall.
- Author(s)Roy S. Purcell
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication04/12/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.