All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in Peg Boyers's Hard Bread are spoken in the imagined voice of the Italian writer, Natalia Ginzburg (1916-1991). While much of the book is based on Ginzburg's life - her upbringing in Turin; her brief marriage to the resistance activist, Leone Ginzburg; her experience of Fascism and war; her work as velist, playwright, editor, and newspaper columnist; her embattled friendships with writers like Primo Levi, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Ernest Hemingway, and Cesare Pavese - much is invented. The result is a book by turns melancholy and acerbic, mournful and satiric, contemplative and combative.
- Author BiographyPeg Boyers is the executive editor of Salmagundi magazine at Skidmore College.
- Author(s)Peggy Boyers
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2002
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePhoenix Poets
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width158 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.