All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDominated by Gradgrind and Bounderby, Coketown's prosperity is built on the cotton mills where thousands of men and women slave away for long hours and little pay. Gradgrind's obsession with material progress damages his children Louisa and Tom, leading to scandal and disaster. Hard Times celebrates the importance of the human heart in an age obsessed with materialism. Circus, music, and dark comedy all go into the rich mix of this truly Dickensian theatrical tale.
- Author BiographyCharles Way has written over 40 plays, many of them for children and young people. He was commissioned by the National Theatre to write 'Alice In The News', which children all over Britain have performed. He has also written many plays for radio, and a TV poem for BBC2, 'No Borders', set in the Welsh borders, where he lives and has spent most of his creative life.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens,Charles Way
- PublisherAurora Metro Publications
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurora Metro Publications
- Weight156 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.