All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionSpecial Administrative Region of Hong Kong, September 2017. Year of the Rooster. Twenty years after the handover of the British Crown colony to communist China. The process to designate the territory's leader has been suspended, leading to renewed calls for electoral reform. A high-flying investment banker is found at dawn on his doorstep, brutally murdered, his body almost cut in half. More financiers are soon killed in spectacular fashion, triggering a game of cat and mouse between the police and an elusive Japanese assassin, kwn within Tokyo's underworld as Shiryo, the spirit of death. The investigation takes Chief Inspector Ethan Blake and Inspector Suki Lam from the boardrooms of multinational banks to seedy industrial warehouses in Kwun Tong and Aberdeen, as they desperately try to find a motive for the grisly series of murders. In his debut crime vel, former investment banker Philippe Espinasse takes a ride on the dark side of Asia's fast-changing financial capital. Hong Kong becomes a playground, where wealthy expatriates rub shoulders with prostitutes and tycoons, while a younger generation aspires to democratic ideals.
- Author BiographyPhilippe Espinasse spent almost two decades working as a senior investment banker in the US, Europe and Asia. He lives in Hong Kong, where he now writes and works as an independent consultant. He is also Honorary Lecturer in the Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong. He has published several non-fiction books and has con- tributed articles to a variety of newspapers and magazines, including the Wall Street Journal, the South China Morning Post, the Nikkei Asian Review, the China Economic Review and the BBC News website. He also pens the 'Clawback' column on Asian equity capital markets for Euromoney's GlobalCapital. Hard Underwriting is his first novel. More information on Philippe is available on his official website, www.philippe-espinasse.com.
- Author(s)Philippe Espinasse
- PublisherP&c Books, a Division of P&c Ventures Limited
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintP&c Books, a Division of P&c Ventures Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.