All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionZen, plain and simple, with BS. This is t your typical Zen book. Brad Warner, a young punk who grew up to be a Zen master, spares one. This bold new approach to the Why? of Zen Buddhism is as strongly grounded in the tradition of Zen as it is utterly revolutionary. Warner's voice is hilarious, and he calls on the wisdom of everyone from punk and pop culture icons to the Buddha himself to make sure his points come through loud and clear. As it prods readers to question everything, Hardcore Zen is both an approach and a departure, leaving behind the soft and lyrical for the gritty and stark perspective of a new generation. This new edition will feature an afterword from the author.
- Author BiographyBrad Warner lives in California. He has studied Soto Zen with Gudo Wafu Nishijima. If there is such a thing as a Zen Master (and there isn't), he is one (and he's not). In the early 80s, he was the bassist for ODFx (or Zero Defex), a hardcore punk band. After ODFx bit the dust, he made five albums under the band name Dimentia 13. After living in Japan for some time, he returned to the United States in 2012 to start the Dogen Sangha of Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Brad Warner
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.