CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.59
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $38.59
About this product
- Description<b>Why is it easier to ruminate over hurt feelings than it is to bask in the warmth of being appreciated?</b> Because your brain evolved to learn quickly from bad experiences but slowly from good ones. <b>You can change this.</b> Life isn't easy, and having a brain wired to take in the bad and igre the good makes us worried, irritated, and stressed, instead of confident, secure, and happy. But each day is filled with opportunities to build inner strengths and Dr. Rick Hanson, an acclaimed clinical psychologist, shows what you can do to override the brain's default pessimism. <i>Hardwiring Happiness</i> lays out a simple method that uses the hidden power of everyday experiences to build new neural structures full of happiness, love, confidence, and peace. You'll learn to see through the lies your brain tells you. Dr. Hanson's four steps build strengths into your brain--counterbalancing its ancient negativity bias--making contentment and a powerful sense of resilience the new rmal. In mere minutes each day, you can transform your brain into a refuge and power center of calm and happiness. You can hardwire in happiness.
- Author BiographyRick Hanson, Ph.D., is a neuropsychologist and author of <i>Hardwiring Happiness</i>, <i>Buddha's Brain</i>, <i>Just One Thing</i>, and <i>Mother Nurture</i>. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, and an Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, he's been an invited speaker at Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. He has several audio programs and his free Just One Thing newsletter has over 95,000 subscribers.
- Author(s)Rick Hanson
- PublisherRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Weight236 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byRick Hanson
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time450
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.