Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.02Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Langston Hughes' Simple Speaks His Mind Harlem Blues continues to glance at the myriad of everyday Black voices that make up America's Black Mecca. Recounted from the mouth of William Wadsworth Longfellow better kwn as Willie the Wi we are introduced and come to kw to a myriad of personalities from the preacher and the prostitute to Saul the little Jewish butcher and Monica his African queen. With Willie's help we are subtly immersed in the lives of these characters and others and share their joy and laughter as well as the pain and heartache that constitute their daily struggle to survive. Constantly threatening to turn his African American membership card and say to hell with the struggle Willie netheless loves his people and with a sip of wine as his motivation Willie humorously comments on the problems with today's youth, women, civil rights, politics and a host of other topics that affect he and those that surround him in Harlem Blues.
- Author(s)Bertrand E Brown
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.