All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- Description'A short story is a different thing altogether ... a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.' Stephen King You like to be entertained. You like to be intrigued. You prefer your short stories with a twist of lemony surprise. If a vel is like a marriage, a short story is a brief love affair but less powerful. Love them, admire them or hate them, sometimes your heart can be touched by a character you only met once. Harlequinade has a cast of different characters, all memorable and each with their own unique story ... -What happened to the boy lost on a Greek island years ago? -Will an Internet liaison throw up more than was bargained for? -How would you react if asked to turn off a life-support machine? -Can an inveterate womaniser seduce an apparently glacial librarian? -What is the life story behind the tramp trying to hitch a lift? -Can a bet on a horse or the throw of a dice change a life? Delve within these and nine other entertaining and affecting bite-sized stories. Try a kiss in the dark from a stranger ... you might get to like it.
- Author BiographyWith a far-from-conventional background, Lindsay Pritchard is well qualified to write entertainingly and touchingly about the human condition. Brought up from a very early age in care in Staffordshire, he nevertheless succeeded in negotiating high school and, later, King's College, London University, where he graduated in Law. Bored by the prospect of a legal career he sidestepped respectable life for a while, working in a number of menial jobs for several years as a gravedigger, labourer, meat porter and crane driver whilst playing premier-level rugby union at weekends. However marriage, mortgage and children demanded a more regular lifestyle and income, so he forged a career in Human Resources, eventually becoming the HR Director for a major billion-pound international engineering company. Always considering himself a writer in a suit, temporarily derailed by circumstances, the demands of a career, three children and another degree-a first in Psychology-did not permit the luxury of sitting at a keyboard waiting for the muse to come calling. Eventually, a downshift in 2011 at last afforded the opportunity to write. Harlequinade is his first book. Lindsay lives in Chester and is currently writing his next book of short stories. The author supports several charities but has chosen to donate 10 per cent of all royalties from this book to Help For Heroes.
- Author(s)Lindsay Pritchard
- PublisherCambridge Media Group
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMy Guide
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Rose Kidson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.