All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarmony, Arranging, Songwriting, 3Handbooks: present these topics in a new integrated approach, with an in-depth narrative and an intuitive, easy to follow approach. Theory covers all the major subjects of basic vocabulary, voice leading, chord structure and progression, chromatic voice leading, and advanced topics. Arranging applies the topics of music theory in melodic, harmonic and bass ensembles, quickly developing mastery of up to 10 voices. And song-writing is devoted to understanding the construction of melodies, the choice of simple, advanced and unique harmonies, and the all important topic of word and rhythm placement. For self or guided study.
- Author BiographyStan Funicelli is a composer, performer, and theorist who also teaches and writes on these subjects. He has completed over 700 original compositions, including over 20 string quartets, 12 sonatas for unaccompanied violin, numerous solo and ensemble works for classical guitar (his principal instrument), 7 symphonies. He has also completed numerous transcriptions for classical guitar solo and ensemble. In addition to his professional activities he is currently Music Department Head at the Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts where he teaches Survey of Music, Music Theory, Music Composition and Technology, Beginning Guitar, and conducts the award winning SPA Guitar Ensemble. His professional studies include BA and MMus from the University of Utah and graduate studies at Columbia University School of the Arts and the Columbia Princeton Seminar for Electronic Music. He has studied with Theodor Antoniou, Alexei Haieff, Henri Lazarof, Jack Beeson, Allen Forte, George Perle and most closely with Vladimir Ussachevsky. He has received numerous awards and commissions including the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra/Jerome Foundation First Composer's Award, was co-finalist for the Academy of Arts and Letters' Charles Ives Award, the LeRoy Robertson Award, the University of Utah Bicentennial Composition Award, and others. His writings have been published by Strings Magazine and Classical Guitar and has written volumes of technical studies for guitar and allied instruments, theory, composition, and analysis. He has been invited to lecture by the University of Florida Music Department, the Minnesota and Utah Composer's Guilds, and the University of Utah Arts, Music and Electronic Music Departments. He has released a CD of original works for guitar titled Distance and the Sea. The California Guitar Trio tours and records his arrangements. Mr. Funicelli is presently at work on a text detailing a unique approach to music theory, the result of over 20 years of original research into the compositional procedures of Bach and other Baroque composers.
- Author(s)Stanley A Funicelli
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.