Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe result of years of extensive research of Dr. Roger Rinn and Dr. Ralph Carson, Harnessing the Healing Power of Fruit is a valuable guide to both common and uncommon fruits that will add a tasty boost to any meal and help you restore and maintain your health in the process. Though names like acai, acerola, aronia, and camu camu may seem exotic at first glance, a growing body of research shows that these fruits offer powerful benefits to those who are willing to incorporate them into their daily diet.
- Author BiographyROGER C. RINN, PHD, currently maintains a full-time private practice in clinical psychology in Huntsville, Alabama. He received his doctorate in psychology from Georgia State University in 1972 and completed an internship in clinical and community psychology at the Hunstville-Madison County Mental Health Center. Dr. Rinn is past president of the Alabama Psychological Association, past chair of the Association of Licensed Psychologists in Alabama, and past chair of the Alabama Board of Examiners in Psychology. He has published widely in refereed professional journals and has coauthored several texts, including Positive Parenting and Achievement Motivation Training. He is a highly sought-after speaker, presenting workshops and lectures on illness prevention, stress management, family psychology, and achievement motivation training, among other topics. He and his wife, Judy, have two daughters and one grandson.RALPH E. CARSON, PHD, RD, is a frequently requested international speaker on topics of health, diet, weight management, eating disorders, and nutrition. Dr. Carson has been involved in the research and teaching of food science at major universities as well as maintaining a successful private practice for the past thirty years. His unique background in health science and medicine (BS from Duke University and BHS in pathology from Duke University Medical School) coupled with nutrition (BS from Oakwood College and PhD from Auburn University) and exercise (certified as a fitness trainer fro the Institute of Aerobics Research, Dallas, Texas) has prepared him to integrate often complicated science into a user-friendly format. He has investigated over one hundred native and exotic fruits for almost a decade and studied extensively their antioxidant capacity, inflammatory properties, and phytonutrient content. Dr. Carson currently resides in Huntsville, Alabama, with his wife, Ellen, and they have three children and two granddaughters.
- Author(s)PhD,Roger C Rinn
- PublisherRealms Fiction
- Date of Publication19/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLake Mary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRealms Fiction
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.