All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat were new ideas 30 years ago, such as the concepts of participatory development and systems thinking, are w accepted rms in international development circles. The majority of professionals engaged in rural development accept the proposition that the people who participate in development should play an active role in defining, implementing, and evaluating projects intended to improve their productivity and lives. However this goal remains unrealized in many development programs. Harnessing the Power of Collective Learning considers the challenges and potential of enabling collective learning in rural development initiatives. The book presents 11 case studies of organizations trying to develop and implement collective learning systems as an integral component of sustainable development practice. Through systematic reflection on action and experience, key lessons and themes emerge regarding the nature of voice, participation, feedback loops, accountability and transparency, that will be useful for many others in the development community. This book is a useful resource for academics, practitioners and policy makers in the areas of international development, sustainable development, organizational development, philanthropy, learning communities, monitoring and evaluation and rural development.
- Author BiographyRoy Steiner is Director of Learning and Impact of the Omidyar Network and was the former Deputy Director of the Agricultural Development Initiative at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's Global Development Program. Duncan Hanks is the Director of Organizational Learning and Development at the Baha'i National Centre in Canada, a global board member of the International Environment Forum and, since 2007, an independent consultant to the Global Development Program of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Agricultural Development).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 29 black & white halftones, 57 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDuncan Hanks,Roy Steiner
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.