All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help licensed professional counselors incorporate Equine Assisted Counseling (EAC) into their practices, even those who have little prior experience working with horses. It provides a strong research foundation for understanding the efficacy of equine assisted interventions and the potentially powerful impact that a horse can have in creating a new counseling dynamic. Chapters address using horses to help clients dealing with various traumas and abuse, anxiety, depression, atypical behaviors, and social skills and communication issues. Additionally, a chapter by the internationally rewned horse whisperer Pat Parelli offers a look at EAC from the horse's point of view and demonstrates developing a relationship with a therapy horse in a positive, safe, and respectful manner. Counselors will find this a valuable resource for understanding and utilizing EAC as a new resource in their own practices, as will students seeking to learn about this invative approach.
- Author BiographyKay Sudekam Trotter, PhD, is the Founder of Equine Partners in Counseling (EPIC), a structure to develop resources for counselors to utilize in incorporating equine assisted counseling into more traditional counseling modalities. She is also President of Counseling Services PLLC in Flower Mound, Texas.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKay Sudekum Trotter
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.