All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1939 Harold E. Stassen was elected goverr of Minnesota at age 31. He went on to a distinguished career as a key political figure of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. In 1943 he resigned as goverr to enter the United States Navy at the height of World War II. In the postwar years he participated in writing the charter of the United Nations, and later served as a key diplomat in the Eisenhower administration, very nearly achieving a nuclear test ban treaty with the Soviet Union. He is perhaps most famously kwn as being a perennial candidate for the Republican Party mination for President of the United States, seeking it 12 times between 1944 and 2000 (1944,1948, 1952, 1964, 1968, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, and 2000), but never winning it. This book covers all these activities.
- Author BiographyThe late Alec Kirby was an associate professor of history and government at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. David G. Dalin, a professor of history and politics at Ave Maria University in Florida, is the author, co-author or editor of ten books. John F. Rothmann is on the faculty of the Fromm Institute at the University of San Francisco and is a talk show host on News Talk 910 AM in San Francisco.
- Author(s)John F. Rothmann,McFarland & Co
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.