All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past ten years, Harold Pinter has written a new play, three film scripts, sheaves of poems, several sketches and created, with composer James Clarke, a pioneering work for radio, Voices. He has acted on stage, screen and radio, he has appeared on countless political platforms, and his work has been extensively celebrated in festivals at Dublin's Gate Theatre and New York's Lincoln Center. In 2005, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature and in 2006, the European Theatre Prize. As if this were t eugh, he has in the last five years twice come close to death. But he has faced hospitalisation with stoic resilience and his spirit remains as fiercely combative as ever. He wrote in 2005 to Professor Avraham Oz, one of Israel's leading internal opponents of authoritarianism: 'Let's keep fighting.'
- Author BiographyMichael Billington has been the Guardian theatre critic since 1971. He is a regular broadcaster on radio and television arts programmes. His previous books are on Peggy Ashcroft, Ken Dodd, Alan Ayckbourn and Tom Stoppard.
- Author(s)Michael Billington
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.