Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.13
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of the classic vel 'At-Swim-Two-Birds' comes this ingenious tale which follows the mad and absurd ambitions of a scientist determined to destroy the world. Flann O'Brien's third vel, 'The Dalkey Archive' is a riotous depiction of the extraordinary events surrounding theologian and mad scientist De Selby's attempt to destroy the world by removing all the oxygen from the atmosphere. Only Michael Shaughnessy, 'a lowly civil servant', and James Joyce, alive and well and working as a barman in the nearby seaside resort of Skerries, can stop the inimitable De Selby in his tracks.
- Author BiographyFlann O'Brien was one of the many pseudonyms of Brian O'Nolan, author of the classic novel 'At-Swim- Two-Birds' and, under the name Myles na Gopaleen, writer of a celebrated satirical column in the Irish Times which appeared daily for almost thirty years. Highly praised by Samuel Beckett and James Joyce, amongst others, O'Brien is regarded as one of the great comic writers of the twentieth century. He died in 1966.
- Author(s)Flann O'Brien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHarper Perennial Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight150 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.