All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarper's Bazaar is a distinguished fashion magazine, revered for its contributions to fashion, photography, and graphic design in the twentieth century. Under the direction of Glenda Bailey, editor-in-chief, and Stephen Gan, creative director, in this century, the magazine has maintained its position as a cultural icon. Bailey is kwn for her elaborate visual productions: fashion features that use pop culture trends and the adventures of torious public figures as the backdrop for elaborate narratives. The resulting images, shot by well-kwn photographers and featuring supermodels and super-celebrities, are both entertaining and beautiful. Their ultimate purpose is to bring the best and most inventive fashion to the widest possible audience. Harper's Bazaar: 2001-2010 is a collection of more than 300 fashion photographs that chronicle the best high fashion of the twenty-first century. It features: Naomi Campbell races a cheetah in Africa in a photograph by Jean-Paul Goude; Karl Lagerfeld, Valenti, Donatella Versace, and John Gallia choreograph fantasies about their own fashions; Agyness Deyn pays tribute to Michael Jackson, shot by Terry Richardson; Lagerfeld does Courtney Love doing penance for wearing fake Chanel; Tim Burton, David Lynch, and The Simpsons do high fashion; and, Sarah Jessica Parker models Diana Vreeland for Peter Lindburgh. A celebration of fashion, a romp through a riotous and eventful decade, and a banquet of contemporary imagery, Harper's Bazaar: 2001-2011 is also a glamorous object in itself.
- Author BiographyGlenda Bailey has been the editor-in-chief of Harper's Bazaar since 2001. By infusing Bazaar's great tradition of high fashion and innovative art direction with her own irreverent contemporary sensibility, she became a leader in the worldwide fashion establishment. She has won numerous awards over a long career as a magazine editor. She was awarded an OBE in 2008. Stephen Gan is the creative director of Harper's Bazaar and a founder and creative director of the cutting-edge fashion magazine Visionaire. He has also been a fashion editor and photographer, and he has directed advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein and Dior Homme.
- Author(s)Glenda Bailey
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note300 photographs
- Weight2109 g
- Width232 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.