All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe second in a series of true short stories from foster carer Mia Marconi. India was a child who was destined to end up in care. She came to foster carer Mia Marconi's house when she was three; she'd already been in care for five months by then. But her mum Amy didn't get on with her carer and threatened to kill her so India was moved. But matter how inadequate parents are, children in care love them and want the world to love them too. Amy had had a hard life: she was one of seven siblings, all of who had been abused and ended up in care. She was an alcoholic and she phoned all times of day and night threatening suicide. When India finally settled in Mia's happy household, Mia embarked on amazing journey to help Amy too.
- Author BiographyMia Marconi has an Italian father and an Irish mother. She grew up in London and has been a foster carer here for over 20 years. During that time she has welcomed more than 250 children into her home. To protect the identities of people she is writing about she is using a pseudonym.
- Author(s)Mia Marconi
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleHarperTrue Life - A Short Read
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight70 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.