All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the acquisition of the film rights to the casting of Harry, Ron, and Hermione and the assembly of the creative team, Harry Potter: Page to Screen is a unique, behind-the-scenes look at the making of one of the most popular film series in cinema history, as told by the people who made the magic real. Harry Potter: Page to Screen traces the cinematic process of bringing J.K. Rowling's beloved books to big-screen life. From the moment the book was optioned to the last film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, this book reveals all the filming secrets, never-before-seen images, and the most memorable moments - real and fictional - of the Harry Potter saga. Comprehensive interviews, quotes, and stories from the Harry Potter creative team and cast round out the hundreds of images, providing context and an insightful, in-depth look at the inner-workings of the Potter world. Daniel Radcliffe recounts how his personal life was shaped by playing Harry Potter; his narration sets the tone for the book and connects the many voices of the Harry Potter family. Not only do Radcliffe and his fellow cast members discuss the reality of growing up Potter, they also reflect on the countless memories that made the Potter experience so unique: meeting J.K. Rowling; Richard Harris's (the original Dumbledore) death; the effects of 9-11 on the cast and crew; and the day to day experience of bringing a film to life. Fully supported by Warner Bros. Entertainment, Harry Potter: Page to Screen is created by the same team responsible for the hugely successful Harry Potter: Film Wizardry, and is sure to delight Muggles everywhere.
- Author BiographyBob McCabe is a noted film critic, broadcaster, journalist and screenwriter. He is the author of Dark Knights and Holy Fools: The Art and Films of Terry Gilliam and several other film books, including authorised biographies of The Pythons and Ronnie Barker, The Rough Guide to Comedy Movies and the BFI book on The Exorcist.
- Author(s)Bob McCabe
- PublisherTitan Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTitan Books Ltd
- Content Noteover 600 photos & illustrations
- Weight3425 g
- Width235 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.