Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionIt's late 1974, and high school student, Melinda Dawson is in serious trouble. Within two hours of revealing her suspected pregnancy to her parents, she's whisked off against her will to a home for unwed mothers in Texas. Back in McCray, Washington, Greg Hart is one confused young man. His girlfriend vanished in the middle of the night without so much as a see ya later.... explanation and phone call. When six long months brings word from her, he hopes to put his broken heart behind him by serving his country in the U.S. Marines. After nearly dying during the birth of her child, Melinda can't face returning to her hometown without her baby. She stays in Texas, eventually making a career out of being a live-in nanny for two children in a wealthy couple's home. Thirty years later, Melinda is back in McCray to care for her ailing father. Within a few days she runs into Greg, w retired from the military and mayor of the tiny town. Immediate sparks erupt at their first meeting, rekindling the smoldering embers of a strong mutual attraction. Can the two of them bypass old feelings of anger, bitterness, and abandonment in order to find the most precious part of themselves? Hart's Desire is a sweet, romantic short story that introduces characters you'll meet throughout the rest of my La Fleur de Love series.
- Author BiographyWhen Lori Leger isn't being a wife, mom, doting grandmother, and Mistress of Procrastination, she's writing stories set in her beloved state of Louisiana. She's a self-published author of Contemporary Fictional Romance and sole owner of Cajunflair Publishing. She has nine novels published in two series: La Fleur de Love and its spin-off Halos & Horns series. She has also contributed to, as well as published, short stories in each of the five Seasons of Love anthologies, a collaboration with several other authors. All of her books are available in both electronic book and print formats, and all set in her home state of Louisiana. She also contributed to the Sweet & Savory Cookbook of Amazon Authors, published by Top Ten Press. Lori also has an article published in the non-fiction book Writing After Retirement: Tips From Retired Writers, published by Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, and edited and compiled by Carol Smallwood and Christine Redman-Waldeyer. Several of her books have attained Amazon's best-seller ranking and continue to earn good reviews from readers and review websites. She's thrilled to have had two books final for InD'tale Review Magazine's prestigious RONE' Awards for two consecutive years. This year both her novels received Honorable Mentions at the ceremony. Although she may never become a millionaire as an author, she's determined to keep plugging away at it for as long as the voices in her head compel her to write their stories.
- Author(s)Lori Leger
- PublisherCajunflair Publishing
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCajunflair Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.