All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than thirty years Farocki was a filmmaker, documentarist, film-essayist and installation artist. What preoccupied him above all was t so much an image of life, but the life of images, as they surround us in the newspapers, the cinema, history books, user manuals, posters, CCTV footage and advertising. [-]His vast oeuvre of some sixty films includes three feature films (Zwischen den Kriegen/Between the Wars, Etwas wird sichtbar: Vietnam/In Your Eyes: Vietnam, Wie Man sieht/As You See), essay films (e.g. Images of the World-Inscription of War), critical media-pieces, experimental work, children's features for television, historical film essays (e.g. on Peter Lorre), 'learning-films' in the tradition of Brecht (e.g. Workers Leaving the Factory) and installation pieces (e.g. Still Life). [-][-]In this mograph, Elsaesser approaches Farocki's work from different critical perspectives, as well as reflecting on his extraordinary biography. The volume is complemented by interviews, a selection of writings by Farocki and an antated filmography.
- Author Biographyhttp://www.thomas-elsaesser.com/ target= _blank >Thomas Elsaesser is Professor of Film and Television Studies in the Department of Art and Culture at the University of Amsterdam.
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2004
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleFilm Culture in Transition
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAmsterdam University Press
- Out-of-print date26/11/2016
- Content Note0 black and white; 32 full color.
- Weight770 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byThomas Elsaesser
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.