All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionHarvest of War: A Flemish Novel drops the reader into the German-occupied town of Ramsel, Belgium, during the summer of 1944. The town's doctor, Bru Van Dam, cares for all who are sick or injured, whether they be Resistance fighters, collaborators, or the members of the quiet multitude just trying to survive. In secret-and simultaneously-Dr. Van Dam hides from the German military a Jewish orphan and two British pilots. Circumstances then take a turn for the worse. Dr. Van Dam's son, Eric, is swept up by the German military and forcibly transported to Germany and its work camps. He faces the prospects of atrocious treatment and starvation. Diagsing the situation and mapping out a plan, the doctor sets up an indirect line of communications for offering a bribe to the leader of Ramsel's German occupying force. Then, as the Allies liberate the town, residents celebrate. But Dr. Van Dam faces accusations for his paternally motivated actions during the war. All who find themselves drawn to historical vels or stories about the unflagging efforts of individuals to face up to power as they seek to protect and preserve their loved ones will discover in the pages of Harvest of War: A Flemish Novel a story that satisfies.
- Author(s)Jan Smolders
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.