All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do when everything you kw and believe in crashes around you in a hail of fists and boots, flying chairs and broken glass? And t just once, but seemingly every time you leave the house? When it seemed that one was listening, that I was just ather white face from a council estate, and that there was where else to go and thing else to do, the violence and racism of the far right offered me an alluring escape from the mediocrity of school, work and boredom. In 1980s Britain, the belligerent sentiments of a few hundred lonely white men went almost unticed...But this tiny mirity had grand designs. Fuelled by alcohol and violence, they built a party that would go on to hold seats in council chambers across England and in the European Parliament. And hidden behind those large union flags were individuals - me included - prepared to bomb and kill to make their dreams a reality. But what do you do when you realise that the hatred, patriotism and violence haunting you - from the playground to the pub to the ballot box - stem from your own demons? The answer: you switch sides.
- Author BiographyMatthew Collins now writes and carries out investigations for Searchlight magazine. He is the magazine's Northern Ireland correspondent and is noted for his work in Britain investigating and exposingthe English Defence League.
- Author(s)Matthew Collins
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication03/08/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Out-of-print date08/07/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.