CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do when everything you kw and believe in crashes around you in a hail of fists and boots, flying chairs and broken glass? And t just once, but seemingly every time you leave the house? When it seemed that one was listening, that Matthew Collins was just ather white face from a council estate, and that there was where else to go and thing else to do, the violence and racism of the far-right offered him an alluring escape from the mediocrity of school, work and boredom. In 1980s Britain, the belligerent sentiments of a few hundred lonely white men went almost unticed, but this tiny mirity had grand designs. Igred and marginalised, and fuelled by alcohol and violence, they built a party that would go on to hold seats in council chambers across England and in the European Parliament. Hidden behind those large Union Jack flags were individuals - Collins included - seemingly prepared to bomb and kill to make their violent dreams a reality. But what do you do when you realise that the burning hatred, vehement patriotism and thirst for confrontation that haunts you - from the playground to the pub to the ballot box - stems from your own insecurities and isolation? The answer? You switch sides.
- Author BiographyMatthew Collins is Director of the Searchlight Educational Trust, working with communities to build responses to racism and hatred, and develop greater understanding.
- Author(s)Matthew Collins
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.