Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe word yoga means union. It refers to union on many levels: union of muscle and muscle, bone and bone, union of movement and breathing, union of thought and action, body and mind. Hatha is one of the most popular and readily accessible forms of yoga: t simply a form of exercise, but meditation in action. Illustrated throughout, this book is a comprehensive survey of Hatha yoga, taking in roots, philosophy, preparation, and practice. The practical section tells you how it feels, what to wear, and when to do it, and is followed by 15 basic lessons. These lessons are fully illustrated with step-by-step instruction on how to achieve and perfect the poses, and each lesson ends with a suggested practice session of between ten minutes and three-quarters of an hour, illustrated with thumbnail pictures of all the postures for easy reference.
- Author BiographyGodfrey Devereux began teaching yoga in 1979 and has been teaching full time since 1989. He is currently Director of the Windfire Yoga residential yoga training centre in Ibiza, Spain.
- Author(s)Godfrey Devereux
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication19/03/2001
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date04/10/2004
- Content Note(60 colour pictures & 120 b/w line pictures)
- Weight746 g
- Width226 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.