All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a guide to creating your own personalised headwear. The author shows in step-by-step detail how to block classic shapes such as cloche or trilby and then transform them into numerous hat designs by adapting the brim and crown, giving them different trimmings, and so on. There are detailed instructions for making gorgeous hats and headpieces in felt, fabric and straw. This is followed by a chapter on making specialised trimmings, including dyeing, shaping, arranging and attaching feathers, making fabric flowers, and using beaded and stitched embellishments to finish of the hat. The book includes a number of projects and over 120 templates to help in designing the hats. The book is highly illustrated with both step-by-step sequences and inspirational photographs.
- Author BiographySarah Cant creates millinery and mixed media textiles from her studio in the Cotswolds, She trained in millinery at the Kensington & Chelsea College where she now teaches. She has shown her work at Origin, the Chelsea Craft Fair and London Fashion Week.
- Author(s)Sarah Cant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note400+, full colour throughout
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.