Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFor the unwary visitor, Hereford appears to be a peaceful place. But, for half its existence, it was a strategic centre in an often troubled and bloody border between England and Wales. It can be surprise, then, that the city and the surrounding countrysidehide dark secrets and uncanny events. From the ghost of a verger who brought down the cathedral tower to the unquiet spirit of a careless chemist, the city has a rich history of spectral phemena. This book is mere gazetteer, but an in-depth re-telling of the stories that will make you look at the place with fresh eyes, whether you are a tourist or resident.
- Author Biography<b>David Phelps</b> was born in Hereford and, after gaining a degree in Social Administration, worked in the probation service and civil service. Since 2005 he has worked as a storyteller, mostly telling tales about his native county. David is the author of <i>Herefordshire Folk Tales</i> and is a member of both the Folklore Society and the Society for Storytelling. He lives in Hereford.
- Author(s)David Phelps
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.