All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- DescriptionHelp children develop the attitudes and skills of courage and assertiveness in order to make wise choices and work through challenges. Children learn to do what they think is right and be brave, even if it s hard. They learn to distinguish between expectations set by trusted adults and hurtful, wrong, or dangerous things adults or children might pressure them to do. The book also highlights trying new things, taking reasonable risks, and speaking up. Being the Best Me Series From the author of the popular Learning to Get Along(r) books comes a one-of-a-kind character-development series. Each book focuses on specific attitude or character traits such as optimism, courage, resilience, imagination, personal power, decision-making, and work ethics. Also included are discussion questions, games, activities, and additional information adults can use to reinforce the concepts children are learning. Filled with diversity, these read-aloud books will be welcome in school, home, and childcare settings.
- Author BiographyCheri J. Meiners, M.Ed., has her master s degree in elementary education and gifted education. The author of the award-winning Learning to Get Along social skills series for young children and a former first-grade teacher, she has taught education classes at Utah State University and has supervised student teachers. Cheri enjoys visiting and sharing her books in classrooms, libraries, and bookstores. She and her husband, David, have six children and two grandchildren. She lives in Laurel, Maryland.Elizabeth Allen is an artist and professional illustrator of children s picture books as well as a former songwriter and jazz musician. She has exhibited her art in galleries in the Midwest and on the East Coast. Elizabeth lives on a river running through a forest near St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Cheri J Meiners,M.Ed
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBeing the Best Me
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Weight141 g
- Width286 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.