All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionAfter spending seven fruitless years training as a gladiator, Valerus Claudius Cascus returns from Rome to his hometown of Herculaneum. Upon his arrival, he delivers his father the gift of three dancing girls-one of whom is Flavia, a slave from Briton, a secret member of the Christian faith. Valerus finds himself drawn to the shy and withdrawn Flavia, and her ambition and dedication lead him to a new way of looking at the world and his life. As their worlds slowly intertwine-initially as friends and then as lovers-Valerus becomes blatantly aware that Flavia is first and foremost his father's slave and he can do with her as he pleases. In a heroic attempt to protect Flavia, he soon begins to work toward liberating her from her cruel fate. Unfortunately, neither Valerus r Flavia suspect the imminent danger that lies beneath the mountain that first brought them together. In this historical tale based on real-life events, a Christian slave and a free Roman fight to keep their love alive-even as the world erupts around them. Some things will always survive.
- Author(s)Nicoline Louw
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.