All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionHawai'i Nei brings together three plays by one of Hawai'i's finest playwrights. A compassionate portrait of early nineteenth-century Hawai'i, The Conversion of Ka'ahumanu charts the lives of five women during the traumatic, transforming events that followed Western contact. Set in post-World War II Hawai'i, Emmalehua tells the story of a young Hawaiian woman struggling to preserve a cherished cultural heritage in a world eager to forget the past and embrace the new American dream. Through history, humor, and a whodunnit plot, the past and present collide in Ola Na Iwi, which explores the issues surrounding the treatment of indigeus human remains.
- Author BiographyVictoria Nalani Kneubuhl lives and works in Honolulu. Her many plays have been produced in Hawai'i and North America and have toured Britain, Asia, and the Pacific. She is a recipient of the Hawai'i Award for Literature.
- Author(s)Victoria Nalani Kneubuhl
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleTalanoa: Contemporary Pacific Literature S.
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.