All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.34Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionFemale shaman Tela Star Hawk Lake interweaves traditional Native ritual, ceremonies and prayers with her own personal experiences as a healer in a modern time where old traditions are widely abandoned and forgotten. She sets down shamanic kwledge that can be easily incorporated into the daily lives of contemporary women of any culture to cleanse, balance, comfort, and strengthen. For the first time, Tela Star Hawk Lake shares Native women's wisdom anyone can follow: *How to conduct your own moontime ceremony *How to prepare yourself for surgery *How to use prayer and ritual to replace alcohol and drug dependency *How to use Native childbirth practices to ease pain and facilitate delivery and bonding with your new baby *How to use Native herbal treatments and diet to cure yourself of almost any female problem In Hawk Woman Dancing with the Moon, Tela shares her story as a woman adrift in society that often emphasizes artificial values and solutions to natural problems. By recounting her ordeals as a healer and sharing her life story-including her spiritual initiation and rites of passage on her road to recognition as an intertribal shaman-she shows how she was forced to apply the principles of her own beliefs to daily life. Her story includes real life experiences with ghosts, spiritual battles, vision quests, and a variety of illnesses through which she learned to heal herself and, from these experiences, to heal others.
- Author BiographyTela Star Hawk Lake comes from an ancestral line of shamans extensively studied by various anthropologists including Alfred A. Kroeber. She has been given not only permission, but the spiritual charge of sharing this information in print for the first time with non-Natives.
- Author(s)Tela Star Hawk Lake
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/12/1996
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. Evans& Co Inc
- Content Noteillus
- Weight295 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.