All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionHaworth is a picturesque Pennine village that is w famed for the Bronte family and the steam railway. Behind the tourist village of today lies a long history of people making a living from the uncompromising moorland of this area. Haworth History Tour takes the reader on a journey through the many changes the village has undergone in its long history. While some areas will seem relatively unchanged, many are w unrecognisable. The curious and stalgic alike will delight in uncovering or rediscovering the roots of Haworth with the help of this wonderfully illustrated guide.
- Author BiographySteven Wood has been living in Haworth for over twenty years. Since retiring from Bradford University's School of Pharmacy he has devoted himself to the study of the history of the Haworth area with extensive walking and field work in the upper Worth valley backed up by research in libraries and archive offices. He regularly leads historical walks in the area and gives talks on its history. He has published four books on the Haworth area.
- Author(s)Ian Palmer,Steven Wood
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleHistory Tour
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note120
- Width124 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.