Hazardous Chemicals Safety and Compliance Handbook for the Metalworking Industries by Stanley A. Haber, Richard P. Pohanish (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $142.80+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique handbook provides operators and technicians in the metalworking, machining, and metal finishing industries with an easy-to-use, single-volume guide to the hazardous materials commonly found in the above sectors. Containing detailed information on nearly 450 chemical hazards, this work provides identifiers (foreign and domestic); trade names and chemical synyms; physical properties; short- and long-term health effects; guidelines for exposure; respirators; warnings; incompatibilities; fire data; and OSHA, EPA, California, and Canadian safety recommendations and regulations. No other reference offers this kind of integrated compilation of safety and environmental compliance data or directory information related to these industries. You will need other reference! It includes an extensive introduction outlining and explaining the requirements and regulations. It presents each chemical record in a uniform format of data elements, including record number, record name, trade names and chemical synyms, EEC numbers, CAS number, 2004 Emergency Response Guidebook four-digit ID, DOT Hazard class or Division, three-digit ERG Guide, molecular formula, RTECS number, physical properties, and health and safety information. It contains extensive appendices including: sources of information, separate lists of dangerous oxidizing materials by name and CAS number, an updated list of all Poison Control Centers in the U.S., glossary of safety and environmental terms, extensive synym and trade name index, and a complete CAS number index to chemicals covered. It takes an international approach in that chemical records contain: European Ecomic Community ID numbers, European Inventory of Existing Commercial Substances ID numbers, Canadian WHMIS ingredients disclosure list levels, International Agency for Research on Cancer information about carcigens, and MAK values from Deutsche Forschungsgemeinshaft. It covers important metalworking hazards such as mineral oil mists and welding fumes.
- Author(s)Richard P. Pohanish,Stanley A. Haber
- PublisherIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1343 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.