All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach new print copy of Hazardous Materials: Awareness and Operations also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2. A fire fighter's ability to recognize an incident involving hazardous materials or weapons of mass destruction (WMD) is critical. They must possess the kwledge required to identify the presence of hazardous materials and WMD, and have an understanding of what their role is within the response plan. The second edition of Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations will provide fire fighters and first responders with these skills and enable them to keep themselves and others safe while mitigating these potentially deadly incidents. Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations, Second Edition meets and exceeds the requirements for first responders within the 2013 Edition of NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents. Additionally, the material presented also exceeds the hazardous materials response requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations provides in-depth coverage of: * The properties and effects of hazardous materials and WMDs * How to calculate potential danger and initiate a response plan * Selection, use, advantages, and disadvantages of personal protective equipment * Mass and technical decontamination * Evidence preservation and sampling * Product control * Victim rescue and recovery * Air monitoring and sampling * Illicit laboratory incidents The second edition features: * A new chapter on Fire Smoke designed to teach hazardous materials responders how to prevent, protect, detect, diagse, and appropriately treat smoke inhalation. * Kwledge and Skills Objectives correlated to the 2013 Edition of NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents. * Detailed step-by-step skill drills with which include the corresponding NFPA job performance requirement. * Scenario based learning tools including You are the Responder, Responder in Action, and Voices of Experience case studies to encourage critical thinking skills. * Responder Tips and Safety Tips to provide helpful advice from hazardous materials veterans.
- PublisherJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationSudbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Weight657 g
- Width213 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.