All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionHazardous Waste Compliance concentrates on government regulations as they relate to hazardous waste and other hazardous materials. The main focus of this book is on how to comply with these requirements as well as on other best management practices (BMP), which will ensure worker safety and business protection from the risk of the commercial penalties associated with regulations breaches. The authors provide the reader with useful techniques to enhance worker protection and promote efficiency, productivity and cost effectiveness, along with achieving the necessary quality standards for the work being performed. The authors further outline and define methods to help reduce worker injury and illness, the scope and application of HAZWOPER, and ways to implement hazardous material related requirements through enhancements of existing programs. In addition, detailed discussion helps to provide methods to help promote consistency in health and safety program development for handling hazardous materials, encourage a high standard for health and safety, and share lessons learned to help provide approaches that have been implemented on hazardous waste and other sites.
- Author BiographyCliff Florczak has spent twenty years in the environmental, safety, and health-related field. He has worked as a contractor performing environmental work for the US Environmental Protection Agency, teaching in the public school system, in private industry including manufacturers of both steel and chemicals, and is currently employed in the environmental consulting industry with a specialization in safety and health. Mr. Florczak has also written and co-authored numerous articles. James Roughton MS, CSP, CRSP, R-CHMM, CIT, CET, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt James is an experienced Safety Professional with an in-depth knowledge in the use of Social Media to help improve productivity. He is accomplished speaker, author, and writer, develops and manages his own web sites that provide a resource network for small businesses at http://www.safetycultureplusacademy.com. Three of his most notable books include, Safety Culture: An Innovative, Leadership Approach, Developing an Effective Safety Culture: A Leadership Approach, and Job Hazard Analysis and A Guide for Voluntary Compliance and Beyond. He is an active board member and web master for the Georgia Conference - www.georgiaconference.org. He is a past President of the Georgia of the ASSE; Past Chair - Gwinnett Safety Professionals, Past Adjunct Professor Safety Technology Lanier Tech, Georgia Tech, and currently adjunct Professor Columbia Southern University. He has received awards for his efforts and was named the Georgia Chapter ASSE Safety Professional of the Year 1998-1999, Project Safe Georgia Award, 2008, and received the Georgia Safety, Health, and Environmental Conference's Earl Everett distinguished Service Award, 2014.
- Author(s)Clifford Florczak,James Roughton
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication24/08/2001
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.