All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionA fun, informative read. - Cinema Retro Harrison does a great job of expanding the 'must-see' list for we who love the Western. - Southern Arizona News-Examiner Following a foreword by Western legend Hugh O'Brian, Harrison delves into nearly one hundred motion pictures of the genre. He does t state these are the greatest, merely why a person interested in Westerns should watch these particular films. In doing so, he goes over the sypsis and cast, adding an analysis and history of each movie, with anecdotes by legendary stuntman Jack N. Young whenever possible. Along the way, the reader meets Western stalwarts such as Gary Cooper, John Wayne, John Ford, Clint Eastwood and Sam Peckinpah, along with those who don't get as much tice: Glenn Ford, Joel McCrea, William S. Hart, Harry Carey, Walter Huston, Burt Kennedy, George Marshall, and scores of others involved in bringing the Western to the screen. With more than four hundred photos, 'Head Em Off At the Pass!' is a treat for movie fans.
- Author BiographyJ.M. Harrison is a film scholar and the author of 'A Hell of A Relationship.' A lifelong native of Yukon, Oklahoma, he is a graduate of the University of Central Oklahoma, and has worked in the family business at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various jobs for nearly two decades.
- Author(s)J M Harrison
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.