Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionData has historically been the output of computer systems. With the onslaught of smartphones, and changes in behaviors such as Tweeting, the volume, complexity and velocity of data is changing at an exponential pace. And with newer, small techlogies being embedded into just about every physical manifestation, data is on its way to be generated from just about every person and every thing. Everything will be talking to the web: clothes, roads, signs, packages, chairs, table, cars, phones, etc. The Data Tsunami is on its way. This book provides the first Survival Guide of how an enterprise can implement the appropriate changes, methodologies and techlogies to best govern and manage their current data and prepare for the Data Tsunami. This includes what most people think of as data governance and data management. The data that must be governed and managed include master data, meta data, referential data, transactional data and unstructured data such as social data, images, videos, spreadsheets and documents.
- Author BiographyMr. Eisenhauer is the founder of the Data Governance Society. He is a visionary and goal-oriented IT Leader with proven experience in planning, architecting and implementing innovative IT services and solutions that address both strategic and tactical business needs. During his career, he has led both technical and functional teams delivering strategic solutions for business intelligence, enterprise reporting and corporate data governance programs. His technical background and consensus building skills have allowed him to consistently build cross-functional teams with exceptional performance, service and adoption. As the Senior Director of Data Governance for the McKesson Technology Solutions division of McKesson Corporation, he leads the Enterprise Data Governance Office including the Enterprise Data Architecture and Enterprise Data Management teams. The Data Governance Office chairs both the Data Governance Leadership and Data Stewardship Councils linking the IT and business unit strategies across several business units and technology platforms. Mr. Strout, a co-founder of Black Watch Data, is a recognized visionary and leader in the industry and former CEO and board member of the Americas' SAP Users' Group (ASUG). He has a wealth of practical knowledge from his close to 30 years of extensive experience in many CIO, CTO and operational roles in many data intensive organizations such as The Thomson Corporation, and The New York Times Company. He has been deeply involved in the reason data is so important to a business and knows from experience when and where things go wrong. Mr. Strout has been integrally involved in 350+ different business acquisitions and divestitures as well as responsible for many dozens of large complex and global technology-based projects - always driving on-time and on-budget. Mr. Strout is frequent speaker at major conferences, industry events and user group meetings across North America.
- Author(s)John A Eisenhauer,Steven B Strout
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.