Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2009 Bart Sumner's life was shattered when his 10-year-old son, David, suffered a traumatic brain injury at football practice and died in his arms. Finding a way back to the road forward in a world where mourners are told He's in a better place or to Get over it is a daunting and painful journey. He came to realize that the twenty-five plus years he spent as a performer and teacher of improvisational comedy was t only the key to his own survival, but also a powerful tool to help others mired in grief. Healing Improv: A Journey Through Grief to Laughter is an emotional and honest recounting of his family's trek through grief to the founding of a nprofit that provides -cost Comedy Improv Grief Workshops for others suffering with loss. Mr. Sumner's approach is unique in its application of improv comedy exercises to grief treatment. Healing Improv includes many of the improv games used at Healing Improv workshops so that others can also benefit from the curative, life affirming fun. Pairing these techniques with his family's powerful and touching story of survival makes this book a strong ally to those who feel lost and alone after tragedy strikes, providing comfort and hope. 10% of author proceeds go to Healing Improv, a n-profit charity.
- Author BiographyBart Sumner is an actor, screenwriter, and improvisational comedy teacher and performer currently living in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with his wife Leslie, daughter Abby, and two dogs. He is originally from New Jersey and is a graduate of Rutgers University. He spent over 20 years chasing the Hollywood dream in California. He is a proud member of The Screen Actors Guild/American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and has performed in films, television, musical theatre and some of the most prestigious comedy clubs in America. He is the founder and CEO of the nonprofit HEALING IMPROV which provides no-cost Comedy Improv Grief Workshops to people struggling with finding the road forward after loss. His son, David, died in 2009 from a severe brain injury suffered while playing football. He writes the blog My Stories From The Grief Journey at the Healing Improv website. He enjoys pizza and making people laugh.
- Author(s)Bart Sumner
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.