Healing Plants of the Bible: History, Lore & Meditations by Vincenzina Krymow (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.09+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionConsider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil r spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was t clothed like one of these (Matthew 6:28-29). This unique and beautiful book offers information about the healing plants mentioned in hundreds of Bible verses, their scriptural context, their use in biblical times, present-day uses and their role in healing body, mind and soul. Healing Plants of the Bible: History, Lore and Meditations invites readers to consider t only the lilies of the field, but dozens of other flowers, herbs, trees and plants mentioned in the Bible. With lavish illustrations and exhaustive research, this volume details 38 of the plants most often appearing in Scripture, the lore behind their medicinal properties and meditations that focus on their ability to heal the spirit. An appendix offers scriptural and medicinal information on 40 additional plants.
- Author BiographyVINCENZINA KRYMOW wrote the award-winning Mary s Flowers: Gardens, Legends and Meditations (St. Anthony Messenger Press and Novalis). Her research for Healing Plants of the Bible took her to Scripture gardens throughout the world. Her work appears in regional journals and on the Mary s Gardens home page and the Marian Library Mary Page. Her spirituality was nurtured by her mother and her love of gardening by her father. She lives in Centerville, Ohio, with her husband, Jo. A. JOSEPH BARRISH, S.M., is an artist, designer and liturgical design consultant in Dayton, Ohio. Using the graphic technique of serigraph, he hand-colored each print in this book, a practice common in hand-printed woodcuts in medieval and Renaissance Europe. He illustrated Mary s Flowers: Gardens, Legends and Meditations. SISTER M. JEAN FRISK, Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary, has a master s degree in theology with a Marian concentration and a Licentiate in sacred theology. She has spent many years in education and twelve years in retreat and pilgrimage work in Europe. She is on the staff of the Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute and the University of Dayton and edits their Mary Page. She wrote the meditations for Mary s Flowers: Gardens, Legends and Meditations.
- Author(s)Vincenzina Krymow
- PublisherFranciscan Media
- Date of Publication19/06/2002
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFranciscan Media
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight767 g
- Width176 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)A Joseph Barrish
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.