All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to the American Cancer Society, more than one million people get cancer in the United States each year. The diagsis is often a major physical, emotional, social, and spiritual blow, capable of shaking patients to their core. This empathetic guide coauthored by cancer survivor Dr. Alan Wolfelt helps individuals understand and cope with the many difficult thoughts and feelings to which a cancer diagsis can give rise, assisting them as they find ways to experience peace and joy throughout their journey. Among the 100 ideas for surviving and thriving in this book are those that explain the basic principles of grief and mourning and how they apply to a life-altering, life-threatening, or terminal medical diagsis. Others offer instantaneous, in-the-moment suggestions of things that cancer patients can do immediately in order to express their grief and live with meaning in each moment. This book is a calming companion for people battling cancer and their loved ones.
- Author BiographyAlan D. Wolfelt, PhD, is a speaker, a grief counselor, and the director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition. He is the author of Healing a Parent's Grieving Heart, Understanding Your Grief, and many other bestselling books on healing in grief. Kirby J. Duvall, MD, is a physician board-certified in family practice and occupational medicine. Together with Dr. Wolfelt, he is coauthor of Healing After Job Loss, Healing Your Grieving Body, and Healing Your Grieving Heart When Someone You Care About Has Alzheimer's. They both live in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Dr Alan D Wolfelt,Kirby J Duvall
- PublisherCompanion Press,US
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationFort Collins, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompanion Press,US
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.