Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealing the Downsized Organization is for managers and employees who must make sense of dramatically changed workplaces after reengineering, restructuring, or downsizing. Here are best practices from those who are successfully reinventing their organizations and re-creating healthy workplaces. Documented examples from executives, managers, and employees who have bounced back from this challenge reveal how they minimized pain during downsizing and discovered promising possibilities for changed employer-employee relationships.Dramatic profiles of four organizations--representing manufacturing, media journalism, education, and health care--provide lessons you can practice today, whether downsizing is unfolding w or whether it looms in the future. From interviews with CEOs, managers, and employees, you will understand how individuals at all levels have handled the tension between personal and organizational goals, managed the human struggles, and achieved victories as they cut costs and redeployed resources to face competition or changing market conditions.You will learn how these companies and individuals coped with downsizing, including: ;;;;;;;;; ¸; how survivors regained momentum, focus, and job satisfaction after downsizing;;;;;;;;; ¸; what kinds of company-employee interactions allowed trust to be rebuilt;;;;;;;;; ¸; how managers succeeded in balancing the concerns of those who left and those who stayed;;;;;;;; ; ¸; ways to be an effective leader in the transitional period;;;;;;;;; ¸; approaches to forge a new employer-employee social contract for the emerging workplaceHealing theDownsized Organization is the recovery book for the downsizing of America.
- Author BiographyDELORESE AMBROSE, ED.D., author of Leadership: The Journey Inward, has fifteen years of experience consulting with business, government, and social services organizations as they transformed themselves through downsizing, restructuring, and other means. She is the owner of Ambrose Consulting & Training, a Pittsburgh-based management consulting firm that lists AT&T, Westinghouse, and many others as clients. She is adjunct professor of management at Carnegie-Mellon University and is much in demand as a speaker. <i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author(s)Delorese Ambrose
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication28/05/1998
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.