All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionTwo paradigm shifts hallmark Jewish-Christian relations in the twentieth century: the collapse of Christendom and the Holocaust. From within these shifts, reassessment of the Jewish-Christian relationship emerged. Over the second half of the twentieth century, a new theological account of that relationship has been constructed- one of recognition and reconciling encounter. That work is built largely on the legacy of two pioneering theologians: Karl Barth and Franz Rosenzweig. Healing the Schism attempts to map out the new Jewish-Christian encounter from its nascent origins in the work of these thinkers to its current state at the beginning of the twenty-first century. The goal in this study is threefold: first, to trace key influences in the theological genesis of this developing strand of Jewish-Christian dialogue; second, to outline dominant features of its present incarnation; and finally, to identify potential future directions for this trajectory. This volume offers a constructive vision of Jewish-Christian encounter that affirms the irrevocable election of Israel and the universal, ecclesially mediated saving mission of Christ.
- Author BiographyJennifer M. Rosner is affiliate assistant professor of systematic theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. This volume is based on her dissertation completed at Fuller Theological Seminary under the codirection of Howard Loewen and Mark Kinzer.
- Author(s)Jennifer M. Rosner
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleEmerging Scholars
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.